Monday 1 October 2012

Season. Change.

The cold nights have begun in earnest and I'm sleeping like a contented kitten. This feeling of being snuggled up in bed when the world is slowly turning frosty is almost worth the shorter days. Waking in the darkness has its drawbacks, but driving towards the sunrise can be spectacular. (After being stuck in traffic for four hours last weekend and missing the Autumn equinox celebrations; I'm making triple sure I'll be at Samhaim.)


Sunday morning was particularly beautiful and we were blessed with tranquil conditions by the Thames as we ran the Reading 10k in 57.30 and 57.31 respectively.. Both personal bests. Having someone to pace me at the beginning was great as I usually go off like a stabbed rat and my (gentle) motivational pushing for the last 1k was apparently well needed. The afternoon spent horizontal, eating crumpets, being cooked a MEGA roast and falling asleep on some incredibly comfy sofas made for the most relaxed Sunday for a verrrry long time.

It will be my last run for a while as I'm starting a climbing, weights, occasional yoga and eating LOADS regime tomorrow in preparation for November. As much as I love running, it doesn't do anything for my body shape and I need to bulk up a tad. Climbing is a good mix of cardio and strength training so I'll keep that up... However three hours of it tonight after yesterday's exertions was exhausting. I should  pace myself, but sod it... Bring on the pain.


Following on from my last post; I was overhoyed to learn that my friend's band will be touring with Rae Morris in a few months! What are the odds, eh? This week, I've been listening to this a lot..






No comments:

Post a Comment