Saturday 27 October 2012

No pause, no rewind.

Sat hip to hip with the curtains closed.

 

Haven't had much chance to catch up with anything much this week. 65 hours of work and I'll be heading in this afternoon for some more. The weather has taken hold over the past week and it's had a shocking effect. Less said the better.

We did make it to Poet's Cafe last Friday and I read my spider poem.  If I thought nerves caught up with me, a girl, about 19/20 years old read a piece likening life to the gold rush pan-handling "experience" at Lego Land with such pace and veracity I thought she might implode. She couldn't get off of the stage quickly enough. As I was walking out, Lego Land girl stopped me, looked at me nervously, barked "I love your poem.", then ran out of the room followed by a young lad who stomped off after her after cutting me a dirty look. My response of "Whatthehuuuuhmeh..?" cued fits of giggles and we went out exploring the world of rum.

After trawling t'interweb, there doesn't seem to be an abundance of live music in Bangkok, but these guys look like they're worth a look.

 

 High ho, high ho, it's off to work I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment