Saturday 4 February 2012

Severe

It's been a hectic few weeks, hence the lack of fingers to keyboard (or screen) recently.

So, what's been going on, I hear you ask..

Work has taken a new twist of interesting-ness with the severe weather. By severe I mean C-O-L-D. We've been out getting food, making packed lunches, buying camp beds, pillows and blankets with the aim of getting people off of the streets and into the hostels. Not for a second am I going to say it's been tiring, as any whinging I do pales into insignificance compared to what street homeless are going through in these conditions. My central heating just clicked on; an apt reminder of how lucky I am and you probably are as well. My colleague will be on ITv Meridian news tomorrow morning extolling the virtues of the work we're doing in Reading; be sure to watch.

The rest of the past few weeks has been spent getting to know people better than I thought I would. We've ended up in a curry house with tapas style dishes, served on what can only be described as prison lunch trays (highly not recommended). Following this by a few games of pool in a lesbian bar and the last train home; you've got the makings of a pretty classy evening. A pub quiz (which I am SHIT at as it goes) and some interesting weekend goings on have equalled an enthralling past few weeks, all in all.

A flat that I was interested in buying wasn't quite what it was made out as in the brochure.. Back to the drawing board. There will be something out there that'll be perfect; I just have to be patient.

Today has been perplexing for a variety of reasons.. Further updates to follow.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment