Saturday 15 September 2012

Timing

Good morning interweb. How does the world look from where you're sitting? The sky is turquoise interspersed with haziness; which also happens to be a good summary of how I feel.

Last night was the first evening for a week and a half that I spent alone. Some solitude was most appreciated, despite the lovely times I've been having. For the first time in about two years, it felt weird being back alone in my flat, however, it's lovely to not have my squeaky lodger here for the next week. Huzzah.

I made contact with my old lodger (and good friend) who I had completely neglected over the past six months for one reason or another. My apology was graciously received despite her disappointment and it was humbling to hear her say how much she'd missed me. I look forward to seeing her in a few weekends time for some nonsense up town with my freckled meatball chum.

Yesterday was a sad day at work. A client who had given me my most emotionally memorable moment of my professional career sadly found out that their nineteen year old son died in a car crash early in the morning. The grief resonated throughout the office in the afternoon when we learnt of the news. Constantly I remind the team of "professional boundaries" (and I'm constantly reminded by someone!); but it's incredibly difficult to separate yourself from such overwhelmingly sad news. We can't change what's happened, but we can be there to listen.

Looking through my e-mails and checking my calendar last night reminded me that I'm going to see Rae Morris in a few weeks time. It'll be good to get to know a singer with someone; you share their music and their journey simultaneously. Pleasingly I had also forgot how attractive she is.. She's shot straight to the top of my list.

This song has been played a few times over the past twelve hours and has already become a firm favourite -


Had I heard this at any point throughout August (which I'm planning on getting erased from my memory in a Men In Black or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind fashion); I might have interpreted it completely differently. It probably would have been a tale of unrequited hope, desperation and sorrow sung to somebody. Hearing it for the first time yesterday however, it became a deeply honest sermon sung to yourself about the paths we take and the hope that we can find inside ourselves.

My blog seems to consist of minor reflections on what's been going on in my day-to-day life and music videos, which wasn't what I originally intended it to be. I've been neglecting writing anything and my wood carving project also died a timely death a fortnight ago. Need to get back on track.

The weather better hold out this weekend. Golf, film, flight booking, a walk and the pub. I hope you all have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment