Thursday 6 September 2012

Anthem

Since Saturday night, I have mostly listened to this -


Today, I have the day off to go to an interview. The job itself sounds great; more money, less hassle dealing with clients, a (MUCH) bigger organisation (e.g. more chance for progression) and a car allowance. Sounds peachy; eh? Well, it would be if it wasn't that it was in a totally alien location and I'd be leaving a job and an organisation which echo the values (which have taken a battering of late) that I hold close. Additionally, the past two weeks has shown me how many (new and old) friends I have in Reading and in particular an incredible new someone who has been going through the same turmoil as me. The opportunity for experiencing an interview for such a position is something that I can't turn down regardless of whether I actually want the job or not. So, I'm going today to meet some new people and be satisfied with the experience regardless of what happens.

UPDATE - Wow. That went well. I've not laughed so much in an interview before! It was friendly without being over-familiar and they didn't ask the types of questions that I expected.. Thought provoking and gave some insight into how the organisation wants to be seen. It pleased me to hear about how they would like to provide support for those with substance misuse, alcohol, mental health and offending issues; which sits well with those values I'd miss at my current job. However, the real surprise was that the area that the role covers will be everything south of Derbyshire... (Ha!) So, lot of the time will be spent travelling. I wait to see how it unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment