Sunday 11 December 2011

The fastest way back home

After doing a very unscientific and slap-dash calculation, I have conclusively worked out that there are more orange people per capita in Reading than anywhere in the country outside of Essex and Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Whilst browsing in Waterstones, Reading redeemed itself from this dubious accolade.. In the poetry section, I spotted a book which I thought was entitled 'reading poetry'.. In fact in was called 'Reading poetry'. Inside I found a collection of poems written about, inspired by or written in Reading. Two jumped out at me immediately - 'In Reading' and 'The Forbury Gardens' - both of which encapsulate their subjects perfectly. I'll put them up here, along with the link to the (Reading based) Two Rivers Press publishers when I'm home and not using the Blogger app.. Which, incidentally, is useful but lacks a lot of the functions of the new (and vastly improved) Google / Blogger interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment