Tuesday 27 March 2012

Bumble Bee

Saw my first bumble bee of the year this morning and it put an enormous smile across my face. Coupled with the happiest bus driver ever known in the existence of man, the glorious sunshine and a decent day at work has resulted in a bloody good mood this evening.

I myself have been and am going to be a busy busy bumble bee. This week's plans (in addition to lovely but hectic week at work) include a visit to the school I work with, a leaving do in Reading on Thursday, a pub quiz in honour of the charity I work for on Friday, a night out with my old work colleagues (also on Friday), Saturday in Henley with my friends and their kids followed by my parent's 30th wedding anniversary celebrations and then the Reading Half Marathon on Sunday followed by a comedy event in Bramley in the evening. And breathe.

Things are moving swiftly with my departure to Reading; hopefully I'll be there by the summer. We're also moving office at work and I am likely to have the joint responsibility of ensuring "staff engagement" (third sector bollocks talk for making sure the staff are happy) is excellent throughout the whole process. To be honest I'm more concerned about the new furniture I want to get for my flat than the bloody colour of the staff room, but hey ho it keeps them happy.

The idea of the music festival was incredibly well received by all and I'm starting on the networking and hobnobbing that goes with this type of event... I'm really not good at that shit, but alas, I shall learn as the reward massively outweighs the burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment