Saturday 14 January 2012

Ruined, goodbye and vacant

After two one and a half hour sessions of 'hot' Yoga at a new studio in Reading, I feel ruined but incredible. By hot, I mean HOT - forty two degrees Celsius. The clientele were also hot, which made the suffering more bearable. Despite having an enormously overwhelming sense of (b/s new-age phrase alert) well-being; aches have appeared where there have never been aches before. A steaming dose of 'man up' is required though as I'm running nine miles tomorrow morning with a group in Old Basing. Fuck.

In sadder news, an HMP Service placement has left the organisation that I work for after being with us for three months. I shall miss the cheeky chappie, especially the little chats we had about some bizarre topics. He often gave me this pleasant feeling of being a bit of an older brother figure for him after he came to me to talk about how he should present himself for an interview and various other similar themes. He came out of his shell slowly but surely during the time we had him (sounds like a pet!). He said this afternoon that he felt like a different and more open person than he was the day he joined, which was heartwarming. I wish him the best of luck and hope our paths shall cross in the future.

I've been neglecting doing any proper writing this past fortnight - it's been so busy with work; inspiration has been few and far between. Next Friday is Reading's Poetry cafe; maybe something there will plant a seed in my vacant noggin.

No comments:

Post a Comment